Monday 10 March 2008

Lack of motivation and Pele reviewed

There has been a severe lack of motivation lately on my part to write anything of substance down in recent times. This is probably due to a combination of work pressures and social and sporting commitments. Although to be fair I still have been writing about football, just not on these pages. And who would have thought that after the end of the A-League season that I would be watching more football than during it. I have been in attendance at all of my newly adopted team, Richmond's first four games in the VPL which included on away trip to Fawkner. Plus doing some match reports on other games means that on most weekends I will be watching at least two games of football.

I have also been doing a fair bit of reading, most of it not necessarily football related but I am halfway through Australia United by Tony Wilson (only halfway through because my girlfriend has borrowed it and is now reading it herself) and finished off Pele: The Autobiography (Simon & Schuster, 2006). The Ball Is Round by David Goldblatt is also taunting me from my bookshelf but its number of pages and comprehensiveness is scaring me a little.

Back to that book about Pele, a player many consider to be the best that has ever been. For me, Diego Maradona is the best only because I got to see him play at his best (only on TV mind you). The book is an enjoyable read and of course it is an amazing story and is probably a better read than Maradona's own autobiography. One thing that amazed me was the number of exhibition matches that were played by Pele with his club Santos. Unfortunately for Santos they have never really again reached the dizzying heights they achieved with Pele again since his departure. For the most part, Pele is pretty up front with the things that going on in and around football but I would have to agree with Hamish, that his current career is reducing his ability to be so candid. Pele's achievements will probably never be challenged and to read about how these records were achieved is truly riveting reading. A must read for all football fans.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

21 March 2008 at 08:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

21 March 2008 at 08:25  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home