Wednesday 11 July 2007

If I was coach when Australia plays Iraq

After all the discussion after Australia's first match versus Oman about the team selection I have decided to come up with my own team selection for their next match on Friday against Iraq as shown above. Changes that I have made to the team are the introduction of both Aloisi and Milligan to the starting eleven at the expense of the ineffective Wilkshire and Sterjovski. Bringing Aloisi into the starting squad takes some of the pressure off Viduka and gives the opposition defense someone else to think about. The introduction of Milligan brings some solidity to the defense and it provides the team with someone who is more comfortable on the ball than Kisnorbo. He also some experience at international level playing against teams in Asia and its time he got a run in the senior team. Kewell has always been more effective playing on the left where he can run at the opposition so I have moved him into that position. Since Arnold has become coach, Emerton has been relatively ineffective as right back and thus I have moved him back into the midfield where he appears more comfortable.

Let me know you think of my selections,

1 Comments:

Blogger Hamish Alcorn said...

I'm not confident enough with my knowledge to lay out a selection squad like this, but I'm interested to see your set up with no Neill.

14 July 2007 at 14:15  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home